Sun City Photography Club
Minutes, General Meeting, September 14, 2017, Desert Vista
Jim Bird, Pres.
Norman Wright, VP
J Filangeri, Sec'y
Dale Kavula, 1st VP
Dennis Filangeri, Treas.
Absent: Joel Lugavere, 2nd VP
George Kertesz, Dir/
Jim opened the meeting opened at 7 pm and led the pledge.
Members present: 15 plus 2 guests
Membership to date: 55
Treasurer's Report: Financial Cash and Checking Balance $1,276.79
Gain/(Loss) YTD $363.45.
Refreshments Committee: Kathy K. brought refreshments for tonight's meeting.
· PHOTO SHOW: Saturday, November 11th, 10AM-3PM at DV. All members are invited to display photos on any subject. We will need volunteers to help set up/tear down. More info on photo display format and collection of photos will be sent out via email and will be on the website by the end of the week.
· PHOTO CONTEST: Saturday, November 11th. Open to all Sun City Residents. Theme: Patriotism. Details are on the website. We had a flyer made up and will have it distributed at all the Sun City centers.
· Officers for 2018. The Nominating Committee has agreed on the following:
o President: Norm Wright 1st VP: Don LeHeup (tentative)
o Secretary: J Filangeri 2nd VP: Joel Lugavere
o Treasurer: Dennis Filangeri Director: George Kertesz
o Director: Kathy Kirby
If any other member wishes to run for any office, they are asked to contact Kathy.
· CLUB VOTE ON DUES: The proposed change in dues has been announced to members over the past two months. MOTION to set dues for 2018 at $10 per person. Seconded and passed unanimously by all present.
Presentation on Reflection Photography: Dennis put together a composite of YouTube tutorials on taking Reflections/Mirror Images, which is the Theme for next month's photo contest. Members were reminded that all such tutorials are available on our website.
Break and voting on Photo Competition: Transportation
Presentation of Theme Winner Certificate(s) J won this month's theme contest.
Next Month's Contest: Reflections/Mirror Images
Field Trip Coordinator Report (Dale):
· Upcoming events: We have a Photo Expedition planned for Saturday and Sunday, September 30-October 1. Saturday we'll be heading up to Caliente/Pioche, and Sunday, we'll go up to Ely. Members are encouraged to get details and sign up on our website.
· Scavenger Hunt: Diane F. ran a most entertaining photo scavenger hunt for all members on Friday, 9/7. Contestants had to capture 12 specific photos. The contest was judged by 2 outside judges. Three people managed all 12 images: Sue, Don, and J. The winner for "best photo" was Dennis. The photos are all available on our website.
· October Fieldtrip: Originally, we were planning to go the Civil War Reenactment, but that's been cancelled. Instead, we're working on a trip to the Henderson Bird Sanctuary, on October 21st, leaving at 6 AM.
Respectfully submitted, J Filangeri, Secretary