Norman Wright, Pres
Joel Lugavere, VP
J Filangeri, Sec'y
Dennis Filangeri, Treas.
Members present: 17 members present.
Membership to date: 42
Treasurer's Report: Dennis reported a Financial Balance of $358.52.
Refreshments Committee: Karleen brought refreshments for tonight's meeting.
- High Roller at sunset. Dale encouraged members both to sign up for field trips and also to attend once they've signed up.
- July & August no field trips scheduled.
Photo Show Planning: J will send an update next week so members can begin to prepare their photos for the show. The August club meeting will be devoted to Photo Show details.
Techniques and Tips
- Joel L. gave a presentation on Photojournalism featuring photos from his long career in the field. When there was no disaster to photograph, nothing newsworthy, photojournalists were sent out to take "wild art" shots and some of these were very impressive.
- Norm also gave a presentation on converting color to B&W and the importance of perspective in framing your shots.
- This month's theme was Black and White. Members were asked to limit submissions to no more than two photos to make the competition more meaningful.
- The winner was Norm W. His photo entitled Tank & Tanker was taken in Nelson, NV in June 2018 using Fuji Fine Pix and post processed using Photoshop.
- Next month's Theme is Cityscapes.
Respectfully submitted, J Filangeri, Secretary